Wednesday, 24 January 2018 at 10.10am
The all-new Civic diesel exhibits best ever dynamics, refinement and sophistication
- Sporty, sophisticated and distinctive design
- Engineered to deliver an engaging and dynamic driving experience
- Comprehensively revised 1.6 i-DTEC diesel engine delivers outstanding real-world efficiency and refinement
- Retains class-leading interior space with improved usability
- Next-generation Honda Connect delivers enhanced intuitive operation
- Honda SENSING makes new Civic one of the safest cars in its class
The tenth-generation Honda Civic is available in Europe as a dynamic five-door hatchback, as well as a sporty and sophisticated four-door compact. It represents a significant step forward for Honda, benefiting from the largest single model global development programme in the company's history.
The Civic is a core model for Honda in Europe and has been at the heart of the brand's strong sales and manufacturing heritage in the region. For many European customers the Civic is synonymous with the Honda brand and the development team targeted a dynamic rejuvenation of Civic to place it in a league of its own.
Mitsuru Kariya, Chief Engineer and Global Project Leader, said:
The creation of this tenth-generation Civic represents one of the most comprehensive and ambitious new model developments ever undertaken by Honda.
As well as an unprecedented commitment of R&D resources, the process involved sales and manufacturing operations around the world, from North America and Japan, to Europe, South America and Asia.
This car, the sportiest Civic ever, sets new benchmarks for the compact class in terms of dynamic performance, fuel efficiency, spaciousness, safety and interior quality.