AutoSocks for Snow and Ice
Trident now stocks AutoSocks. Approved by Honda, AutoSocks are cost-effective alternative to snow chains and they really do work far better than you might expect. This is because the AutoSock has a specially designed surface pattern that makes the total contact area exposed to dry friction as large as possible both under dry and wet snow or ice conditions. Hairs between and at the contact areas increase the totally exposed contact area to friction. In addition the AutoSock has a surface pattern that makes the total contact area exposed to friction sufficiently large under both soft and hard snow or ice conditions. A combination of surface pattern, strength and elasticity that make the contact points sufficiently sticky under hard snow or ice conditions.
Nat Barnes, Motoring Editor, Daily and Sunday Express, described them as:
This cheap alternative to snow chains or to winter tyres is staggeringly easy to fit. I used them while driving in the French Alps and can confirm they are absolutely superb.
The AutoSock is a newly developed tyre cover, aimed at increasing tyre-to-road friction when driving cars on icy or snowy roads:
- Perfect temporary winter aid for vehicles
- Approved by TÜV SÜD and leading car manufacturers
- Certified as a Snow Chain equivalent in more and more countries
- Easy and fast to fit and remove, even in cold and difficult weather
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Effective grip and braking solution
- Comfortable while driving - does not cause noise nor vibrations
- Reusable and machine washable
- Recyclable and environmental friendly
- Usable with alloy rims - even when metal chains are not allowed!
- No damage to rims
- Works on all vehicles with low clearance between tire and car body
- Improves electronic safety systems (ABS, ESP)
- 12 month product warranty, this will not increase if bought at time of new car purchase.
- Can be used on cleared and uncleared roads
AutoSock has worldwide approvals, including:
- Certified by German TÜV in January 2008, according to ÖNorm V 5121.
- AutoSock can be used whenever snow chains must be fitted in Czech Republic and Slovenia.
- AutoSock is certified to comply with the French winter equipment regulations and can be used in France where the snow chain sign (B26) is in place.
No product other than AutoSock is certified by TÜV SÜD / Germany regarding its Performance, Safety and Durability. Supplying more than 12 car makers worldwide, AutoSock is dedicated to deliver highest possible quality at all times
For further information, or to order, please Contact us and we will contact you to arrange payment and collection or delivery (delivery is free only in the local area - please ask for delivery cost).