A family business at heart
Trident Honda is a case-study in how a family business can survive and indeed flourish in today's competitive market, by focusing on strong customer care and an almost obsessive attention to detail.
Established in 1963 by Michael Roberts, Trident is today managed by his sons - Richard (see below) is our managing director, Christopher is our finance and IT director and James is our director of used car operations.
Richard Roberts - Managing Director
Trident's board of directors benefits hugely from the inclusion of Steve Henderson, our commercial director. Steve joined Trident in 1997, with many years' experience in the Retail Motor Industry and, as the Dealer Principal for our Weybridge branch, played a key role in ensuring the unique Trident culture is spread across the Group. In 2015 Steve moved to our Ottershaw Branch as Dealer Principal.
A wealth of experience
Another factor from which Trident draws great strength, is the experience of its management team: Our Sales Manager, Colin Arthurs, as been with us since 2004; Our Aftersales Manager, Chris Monk, has been with us since 2009; Our Forecourt Manager, Mary Spicer, has been with us since 1991; Our Parts Supervisor, Martin Williams, has been with us since 1989; Other key long-serving staff include Martin Beagley, Senior Technician, who followed his father's footsteps when he joined Trident in 1982 and in turn his son Sean now joined our Service Reception team in 2012.
With such a wealth of experience it is no surprise that Trident has an enviable reputation within the retail motor industry.
Professionalism with a heart
Being a family business, Trident operates with a longer-term view, which has led it to a degree of professionalism rarely seen in a business of our size:
- Trident Garages Ltd, trading as Trident Honda, is licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to act as a Credit Broker (not a Lender) to sell finance or consumer credit (Licence No. 004907) in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- Trident Garages Ltd, trading as Trident Honda, is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) (Licence No. 004907), with fully trained and accredited staff, permitted to sell insured products, such as Gap insurance and extended warranties.
- Trident Honda is a member of the Retail Motor Industry Federation.
- Trident Honda is a member of the National Franchise Dealer Association.
- Trident Honda is a member of the Petrol Retailers Association.
- Richard Roberts, our Managing Director, is a Fellow of the Institute of the Motor Industry, and sits on the National Franchised Dealers' Association (NFDA) council.
- Trident Honda is ISO9001:2015 accredited (Ref: FS32219), enabling it to display the British Standards Kitemark for quality of service. This is exceptionally rare in the retail motor industry and we are very proud of our ISO accreditation.
- Trident Honda is also a proud member of MotorCodes.
But Trident is not all about professionalism, being a family business, we have a heart. We continue to support a number of local charities and we have managed to maintain our workforce virtually intact through the recent recession.
At Trident we try and put our customers first, we have a dedicated Customer Champion, whose role it is to contact our customers after service, to ensure that our service met their expectations. One immediate impact of our Customer Champion led to our extending the scope of our complimentary car wash and vacuum, where we discovered we were failing to meet the expectations of our customers.